- With the EOS 500D, bring every facet of your story to life. Record the smallest detail with a high resolution of 15.1 million pixels in photo, or switch to Full HD (1080P) video.
- CMOS sensor 15.1 million pixels
– Ideal for anyone who wants to print large format prints or crop their photos perfectly without losing the detail needed to print, the 15.1 million pixel Canon CMOS sensor delivers stunning performance in low light conditions and produces remarkably noise-free images.
- Full HD video recording
– The EOS 500D combines exceptional photo performance with the ability to record Full HD (1080p) videos. For occasions that require storing many sequences on the memory card, users can choose to record in 720p or VGA resolution. An HDMI connection allows High Definition playback of videos and photos on any HDTV.
- High ISO setting for low lighting condition
– When the available lighting decreases, the EOS 500D offers a sensitivity range of up to ISO 3200 and can be extended to ISO 12.800 for environments where flash usage is impossible.
- 3.4 sq.ft./sec. on a burst of 170 JPEG images
– The EOS 500D allows continuous shooting at a speed of 3.4 fps per sec. on a maximum burst of 170 wide JPEG images (9 RAW images).
- 3-inch (7.5 cm) Clear View LCD display with display mode
– Detailed verification of photos and videos is possible thanks to the ClearView 3-inch LCD screen with a resolution of 920,000 points for unprecedented sharpness. Switch to screen mode and shoot from unusual angles.
- 9-point AF system
– A high-precision AF system uses 9 AF collimators distributed in the framing ensures more efficient focus, including on non-centered subjects. For precise focus with wide-aperture lenses, the central AF collimator is based on an ultra-sensitive cross-type sensor, suitable for lenses opening at f/2.8 or higher.
- DIGIC 4
– The Canon DIGIC 4 processor works in synergy with the CMOS sensor to ensure 14-bit image processing to ensure subtle shades and natural colors. The DIGIC 4 also ensures optimized noise reduction when shooting in high ISO sensitivity, ensures power on in a fraction of a second and almost instantaneous viewing of images after shooting.
- Integrated EOS cleaning system
– Canon’s built-in dust protection system offers three methods to protect images from dust effects: reduced internal dust production; sensor cleaning system integrated into the housing; the ability to software “locate” residual dust and eliminate them with the supplied Digital Photo Professional software.
- Compatibility with all EF/EF-S lenses and Speedlite EX flashes
– The EOS 500D is compatible with the entire range of Canon EF and EF-S lenses and Speedlite EX flashes. This makes it possible to create a system as unique as the photographer who uses it.